Cherry Pie Crumble Bars
For the Dough
3/4 cup chopped almonds
2 cups gluten-free oat flour
1 cup quick oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
For the Cherry Filling
4 cups frozen cherries
1 tablespoon arrowroot starch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper
2. Spread the almonds out on a baking sheet and bake for about 7 minutes until golden brown. Set aside
3. In a bowl, combine oat flour, quick oats and salt. Stir in maple syrup and coconut oil. Using your hands, pinch mixture together to incorporate coconut oil.
4. Add walnuts, and knead to combine.
5. Press 2/3 of the mixture into a baking dish, making sure it’s one solid crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, add the frozen cherries into a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until the cherries are defrosted and the sauce is simmering. Use a fork or potato masher to gently break cherries into smaller pieces. Remove from the heat, add in the arrowroot starch mixture. Return to heat and simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside
7. Pour the cherry filling over the baked crust and sprinkle on the remaining crumble.
8. Bake uncovered for 14 to 18 minutes, until the topping is firm.
9. Let cool for 45 to 60 minutes. Enjoy!!!!